Rob's Quick Vegan Curry for 5
|yeast stock||1 litre|
A very basic vegan
curry guaranted to put
hairs on your chest!
- chop cabbage, carrot, potato - rinse.
- dissolve desert spoon of yeast stock in 1 litre boiling water
- put rice and lentils in dry bowl and mix
- pour 2ml veg oil in pressure cooker
- chop onion, add to oil
- sprinkle 40g curry powder over onions
- pressure cooker on high heat; sizzle onions till golden
- stir with wooden spoon to mix in the curry powder
- add 400g chopped tomatoes and stir until bubbling
- add the 1 litre of yeast stock, stir
- add cabbage, potato, carrot, bay leaf; stir until boiling
- spread rice and lentils gently on top: don't stir!
- add extra 500ml water gently. Don't disturb rice and lentils
- put lid on pressure cooker and set to 0.5 bar pressure
- cook for 20 minutes once full pressure reached
Ideally you should have a stainless steel pressure cooker with 3 chain support hooks so you can suspend it over the embers of the cooking fire in the middle of your wigwan.
De-pressure the cooker, remove lid and stir with wooden spoon. Serve with ladle in large bowls to guests seated around the fire. Rinse down with fire water. Promotes excellent after dinner pow-wow.
© January 2001 - Robert John Morton